Thursday, November 19, 2009

Am I a Bad Person?

That's a rhetorical question! I don't want an answer.

Finally, we can breathe a sigh of relief that Jim's job is secure. I no longer have to worry about my husband calling me to tell me his on his way to pack up his apartment and return home because he is unemployed. Not that I wouldn't love to see his shining face every day, but the thought of no income with an infant and a house is terrifying. Perhaps it's a little selfish to say how lucky I feel that I can stay home with my son and I love every moment, so Jim's continued employment is key to my continued unemployment. That being said there are times when I would love to have Jim here all the time so that I could do the little things. Like getting my hair done, or completing laundry in one day rather than it being a daily task. I swear I have no idea what I am doing and why it takes me so long. On the other hand, I do tend to goof off a lot because I know I have time later. Of course later never seems to come or it comes sooner rather than later (ha ha!). I should be spending less time playing on the floor with the baby and more time getting stuff done but I just don't seem to be motivated to do that.

Some of the other moms with more kids than I have get more done than I can ever manage. Although on the days that I do manage to get out of my PJ's before lunch and get out of the house, I get plenty of things done. But when that only happens once every two weeks that seems to be a problem. Well, now that I am done procrastinating I will go change out of my PJ's and into some real clothes so that I can hopefully get something done around here. Hmmm, I wonder if the baby wants to play?

No comments:

Post a Comment